Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Complete and Utter Perfection

Last night I experienced one of those perfect moments in life that are so rare and fleeting.


It was close to midnight and my friends decided to wind up a birthday party with a swim at the beach. The weather has finally cooled down a little and I’ve been fighting a cold, so I decided I would wait on the shore and forgo the swim in the hopes that I’d feel better in the morning. As everyone crashed into the waves, I looked up at the most amazing sky I’ve ever seen. It was perfectly clear and I swear I’ve never seen so many stars. It was breathtaking. I realized then that the moment was too good to pass up sitting in the sand. I stripped down to my underwear, ran for the water, and floated out into the ocean, staring up at the stars while the waves crashed over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment