Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's not just the food

It's now less than a week from my departure and it feels like an update is long overdue.

Until now I've mostly raved about all the food I'm going to eat, but delicious street food is - of course - my second love. My first is history. And despite having (finally) made a commitment to Latin American history, those who know me well should know that I've been fascinated by the U.S. in the 1960s from a very young age. So you can be sure that my first journey through the Deep South will also involve some key historical landmarks.

Although we plan to see (a little of) Mississippi and (a lot of) Alabama out the window of a moving vehicle, I can't pass up the opportunity to stop at the Rosa Parks Museum in Montgomery, Alabama. A day later, we'll finish off our stop in Atlanta with a visit to the King Center before we head north through the Carolinas. If anyone knows of any other worthwhile stops along our route, feel free to send me your suggestions.


1 comment:

  1. Do you ever wish you were someone else. I wish I was you. You're my hero!!

    ReplyDelete