Friday, June 17, 2011

The time approaches

 I kicked off the morning with this incredible pre-departure breakfast, courtesy of the wonderful Sylvia. Poached eggs, bacon, bacon-fried tomatoes, sliced apples, olives, cheese, and coffee with fresh cream and vanilla. I always know that I can't go hungry when I stay in this house.

The bags are packed and we depart for the airport in roughly 20 minutes. I thought I'd put up one more post to say adios to anyone interested, but mostly just to brag about my breakfast. 10 hours from now I'll be in a cab, tearing through Mexico City and tomorrow I've got a hot date with Diego Rivera.

On another note, I'd like to add an update to my words from yesterday. After waking up to a profusion of photos and videos of Vancouver's looters and rioters, I went downtown to see the city's residents out with brooms and garbage bags, cleaning up the streets. Word is that 16,000 people joined the effort. They swept up, boarded windows and scrubbed graffiti off of walls. What is unfortunate is that the positive response to these events won't get nearly the coverage as the mayhem did, but it's reassuring nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment